Founded in 1991 by Stephan Rieth, an engineering graduate and qualified welding engineer, GERIMA has been developing machines and production processes ever since. Since 1994, the company has focused on designing and developing beveling machines for use in the manufacture of mobile cranes, railway vehicles, containers and ships, as well as in the plant and pipeline construction sectors. GERIMA's machine tools and power tools are mainly used to create the accurate welding bevels needed when preparing welding joints. They are also used to create visible bevels and functional bevels and for edge rounding prior to the painting or coating surface.
What started out with a single machine in 1994 has developed into an epanding, medium-sized family-run buiness. Since 1997 GERIMA has been operating from its new production and administration center in St. Wendel in the south-west of Germany.
True to its slogan „world of beveling“, GERIMA is now serving a customer base around the world. Customers value the fact that GERIMA is continuously expanding and improving its range of beveling machines, from the smaller hand-held tools to large stationary units. With its high level of in-house production, GERIMA is able to offer individual solutions for specific customer applications:
- Engineering design and development at GERIMA is based on a systematic product development methodology and the use of the latest Solid Edge 3D CAD modelling software. The design and development phase is followed by prototype construction and finally product manufacture in one the company's specialist fabrication areas.
- Production areas T and S : Serial manufacture of bevel cutting tools and hand-held machines.
- Production area M : Fabrication of our medium-sized beveling machines for both mobile and static deployment.
- Production area L : Manufacture of largest, stationary beveling machines. These modular systems can have a total length of up to 38 metres.
- The customer service team and our entire electrical engineering unit are developed enterprise-wide in all production areas and represent important elements in our quality assurance procedures.
- In-house machining : All of the key mechanical components, particularly our patented bevel milling tools, are fabricated in our CNC machining shop.
- Application support services : GERIMA not only develops and sells bevel cutting tools and machines, it also delivers these products to the market with the necessary application support expertise. GERIMA underlines its unique business philosophy by organizing practical training courses for GERIMA specialist retailers and for customers thereby ensuring that all GERIMA customers around the world receive professional advisory and after-sale support services.
By continuing to maintain its rigorous quality-focused approach, GERIMA ensures that everyone involved continues to share in our business success and so drive foward our global expertise and leadership in the beveling technology market.